It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:10 pm

A Newbie's Guide to BJD; Choosing, Buying & Shipping!

Participate in dolly contests and challenges!
  • Author

korchan26

Re: A Newbie's Guide to BJD; Choosing, Buying & Shipping!

PostWed Apr 08, 2015 10:15 pm

Alekibutt wrote:vanillamorning wrote:
How about in provincial areas? Does anyone have experience in receiving their dolls in provinces? I'm scared I'll have to go over to the customs office to claim my package...

Oh! I wanted to try ordering some online, someday. Now I'm worried about this one as well. To they even ship a dolls in provinces? :v I hope they do. :v Cause I wanted to get Valerie a sibling. An older sibling. :v

(BTW: I already got a doll thought. Brought it from japan. I think the online shopping was better at buying the dolls than going to japan. I wasted to much yen in just buying (one doll) Valerie. She's a Limited Edition Volks SDC (42cm). Since they run out of stock of 60cm one since they sale it a few days ago in their event at their shop. :v so Val was the only one left. I was just glad I was able to get her. >_> Volks mostly run out of stock of males Bjd dolls than female thought.

(PS: I talked to some costumer their (their usual costumer) that often buy their dolls there. And said that Volks always had plenty of costumer daily. Most of their costumer brought or buy dolls at about more than 3 dolls each. Daily, some weekly and others monthly. If they are into the limited edition one. Their Levi limit edition already sold out when I got there thought. :v).

Alek

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostFri Apr 10, 2015 9:17 am

korchan26 wrote:Oh! I wanted to try ordering some online, someday. Now I'm worried about this one as well. To they even ship a dolls in provinces? :v I hope they do. :v Cause I wanted to get Valerie a sibling. An older sibling. :v

I have absolutely no doubt your doll will be shipped to you in the province. But like I said in the last reply, for EMS packages, they will most likely be sent to your local post office, but it'll be up to your local post office if they make you go to their office or just deliver it to you, and whether you will have to pay taxes.

Also, isn't the limited edition Levi BJD from IoS, not Volks? Unless you're talking about another Levi???
deviantart flickr tumblr

korchan26

PostFri Apr 10, 2015 10:17 am

Thanks for the help and the tips Alekibutt. Thought I wanted to ask. Had anyone tried buying their bjd dolls at http://dolkus.com?? just wondering cause I might plan to buy another dolls there for Valerie's sibling soon. Well, once I save up money first. lol

korchan26

PostFri Apr 10, 2015 10:19 am

Alekibutt wrote:
korchan26 wrote:Oh! I wanted to try ordering some online, someday. Now I'm worried about this one as well. To they even ship a dolls in provinces? :v I hope they do. :v Cause I wanted to get Valerie a sibling. An older sibling. :v

I have absolutely no doubt your doll will be shipped to you in the province. But like I said in the last reply, for EMS packages, they will most likely be sent to your local post office, but it'll be up to your local post office if they make you go to their office or just deliver it to you, and whether you will have to pay taxes.

Also, isn't the limited edition Levi BJD from IoS, not Volks? Unless you're talking about another Levi???

oh yea. I forgot. I thought that levi was a Volks. lol sorry for my mistake. :v Oh. I have to pick it up at the post office?! :v That might worried me a bit. lol

Alek

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostFri Apr 10, 2015 10:23 am

korchan26 wrote:Thanks for the help and the tips Alekibutt. Thought I wanted to ask. Had anyone tried buying their bjd dolls at http://dolkus.com?? just wondering cause I might plan to buy another dolls there for Valerie's sibling soon. Well, once I save up money first. lol

I don't know anyone who has, tho I do know a rep from that company has an account here. :)

You can also post a thread in the Help Me section since that'd attract more replies rather than just commenting here. xD
deviantart flickr tumblr

korchan26

PostFri Apr 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Alekibutt wrote:
korchan26 wrote:Thanks for the help and the tips Alekibutt. Thought I wanted to ask. Had anyone tried buying their bjd dolls at http://dolkus.com?? just wondering cause I might plan to buy another dolls there for Valerie's sibling soon. Well, once I save up money first. lol

I don't know anyone who has, tho I do know a rep from that company has an account here. :)

You can also post a thread in the Help Me section since that'd attract more replies rather than just commenting here. xD

oh, okay. Thanks~

minah

PostSun Jun 07, 2015 7:41 am

It's really helpfull, thanks though:)

TheTwistedWonderland

PostMon Jun 22, 2015 9:05 pm

This is a big help! a friend bought me one, :yes:
but i guess i'll do my own transactions when i get me myself one of dem bjd i wanted to buy lol , well first i have to get a paypal account or just ask a much older person to do it for me because... i don't know anything about paypal and online paying...things--- lol

also! i have to pass college. or--- get high grades persem.. because my mom said " for every semester you pass. u get 1 or 2 dolls. " HOW COOL IS THAT??? i know i'm not a kid anymore but, this is some pretty easy way to get a doll right? rather than saving up all your lunch money :mwahaha:

thanks for this awesome Guide! ;DD

mizuharamitzu

PostThu Aug 06, 2015 12:28 am

Oh, this is an awesome guide! :googly:
We already have a doll and despite the wait, it was not a hassle getting her. She was probably shipped via EMS since it was delivered to the address we specified without additional fees. :yes:
The whole ordering and paying process was done with the help of a couple of friends though. :mwahaha:

I am planning to buy another doll in the future so this will be a great help esp. since I am eyeing a different company for the second member of our crew. Now I know what challenges I might encounter by then.

Thank you so much!

dncx

PostFri Aug 07, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi :hi: where does an 80cm doll category fall under? is it 1/2? it's too far for the size of 1/3 but a tiny bit smaller than 1/2. I'm confused :what:
Sephiroth/Ilyashu Griffin/Pandora Gwydion/Fuyuki Balrog/Ygor Kulcedra/Cloud Strife/Quintus Kitsune/Ynoc Qilin
PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Challenges