It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:05 pm

Doll Delivery Experience

Participate in dolly contests and challenges!
  • Author

nigiyakapepper

Re: Doll Delivery Experience

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 10:18 pm

Date: June 8, 2016
Source: B&G / BoyandGirl Doll - China

Method: EMS
Pick-up: EMS Pasay (WINDOW) can you believe it? I can't
Wait time: I have absolutely no idea since B&G didn't alert me

Contents: one Tiny doll
Declared Value: I asked them to mark it down to 50 USD, they wrote 48 USD on the package ^^;
Tax: NONE!!! only a delivery fee of 112 PHP
Documentation: NONE!!! just the Notice Card

Notes: BoC can be flighty af, I swear. Get this, I had a Tiny from Impldoll delivered, it was marked down for 10 USD but they call me in to open it in Customs. Now, here I am, having bought another Tiny from a different Chinese company, marked down 48 USD, but they deliver it straight to my home! The only reason why I had to go pick it up from Pasay was because no one was in Makati to receive it at the time. I didn't ask B&G to use a special service, it was still EMS but...I have no idea what happened. I'm not complaining though, that's for sure :)

missmarien

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostFri Nov 18, 2016 3:19 pm

Date: 15 Nov 2016
Source: Iplehouse - Korea

Pick-up: CMEC in Pasay
Wait time: Left Korea 8 Nov. Got my notice 14 Nov.

Contents: One EID Man full doll
Declared Value: $100
Tax: Php112! So they're keeping in accordance with the new rule, but I can't say it'll be the same for everyone.
Documentation: Email from Iplehouse confirming my payment. Special thanks to Alek for helping me doctor the receipt.

Notes: This was the first time I ever got a full doll shipped via EMS released to me at Php112! The customs person was preoccupied with another package by the time I got the email from IH printed (I had to go up to have customer service to print it) so she let me go. They MIGHT Google things, though, so I can't for sure say this is what it's going to be like moving forward.

Also, for the first time ever, my Uber to and from CMEC cost more than my doll ransom.
- PROJECT DIANTHUS -
Nil . Sierra . Jin . Lu . Max . Ballad . Paloma . Fable . Cygne . Hope
IH Felix . IH Rebecca . IH Leonard/IH Joy . IH Grace/Soul Lucy . IH Eric . IH Marien/Crobi Wooyu . IH Rexy . IH Bella . IH Edan . IH Ian

AlmostHuman

PostMon Dec 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Date: December 12, 2016
Source: Doll Family-H c/o Alice's Collection - China

Method: DHL
Pick-up: Delivered
Wait time: 2 days

Contents: SD sized doll and 2 pairs of shoes
Declared Value: $20 (I did not request for this, ACBJD is the one who put this in their invoice)
Tax: none
Documentation: N/A

Notes: It was delivered early in the morning, by 9 AM. Everything went well. I called DHL's customer service the night before to confirm if there will be tax and they said there is none, so I was already happy and can't sleep. This is the best doll delivery I've experienced. Just in time for Christmas. :frolic:

zkuld

PostFri Dec 30, 2016 2:47 pm

Date: December 28, 2016
Source: Migidoll, Korea

Pick-up: Delivered :yes:
Wait time: ordered : October 21, shipped December 22

Contents: MIGIDOLL Guy body unassembled
Declared Value: 45usd
Tax: None just the usual postal fee 112php
Documentation: None

Notes: I did manage to skip the trip to cmec but the delivery guy asked my dad for a "token" since it's Christmas and they saved us the trip to customs.

okonomide

PostTue Jan 31, 2017 5:35 pm

Yay! Time to share my experiences :frolic:

---

Date: December 19, 2016
Location: Taguig (used my boyfriend's address since I don't trust my housemates)
Source: Maskcatdoll

Method: DHL
Pick-up: It was delivered directly to the address
Wait time: 5 days

Contents: an SD head
Declared Value: 25 USD (I didn't ask for the package to be underdeclared, however, they still did it)
Tax: None
Documentation: None

Notes: 10/10 would recommend

---

Date: January 26, 2017
Location: Makati City (my boss offered to order the body for me--he always does this for his employees--so his address was used)
Source: Dollstown

Method: Registered Airmail
Pick-up: Makati Post Office
Wait time: 23 days

Contents: an SD body, assembled
Declared Value: 70 USD
Tax: 512 PHP (112 postal fee + 400 for customs fees)
Documentation: Not sure about this part, since the boss claimed the package for me.

Notes: Korea post was incredibly fast, however, shipping dragged onto a snail's pace once it reached the Philippines. It took three weeks to get here, and for a while, despite the availability of tracking, I regretted not asking my boss to request DHL for shipping instead. So... I guess pick Airmail at your own risk.
Currently home: Maria (MaskcatDoll Lisette + Dollstown Elf hybrid) ¦ Onihime(BeYours P.G.)

_mourningmoon (doll IG)
skeletalhorses (personal IG)

ten-shi

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 5:48 pm

Date: Feb 13, 2017
Source: Crobidoll (They are from Korea but I ordered using their english website.)

Pick-up: CMEC in Pasay
Wait time: 2 business days. It arrived in Philippines Friday, so it was sent to customs monday morning. Didn't wait for notice because it might get lost or damaged if I wait long.

Contents: 1 SD and 5 other goods.
Declared Value: 280USD without the freight and etc., gift (?)
Tax: 3694 (actual tax) +112 storage fee.
Documentation: Nothing. I told them it was a gift for me.

Notes: My doll was going to be under-declared to 300USD and I told Crobi if they can get lower than that. They told me they will try and they did. I'm not sure if it really was declared as a gift though.

Anyway, it was monday so as expected the old lady that is like their Head was there. LUCKILY, she wasn't there when the customs officer first opened the box. I was like "don't open it fully", (indicating the zipper cushion since they already saw the feet of the doll) just for the surprise element. The customs officers were willing to let it go but then the old lady came in and she was like: "Open it already. Sungit naman nito." :knife: So of course I had no choice. Sigh. :gloom: Good thing my doll was all covered in thick bubble wrap on the face but the surprise element went from 50% to 5%. They left it at that THANKFULLY, without needing to take out the doll. So they asked me for an invoice or something but half of my luck probably went to them believing me when I said it was only a gift. :mwahaha: They said they will just go with the declared value. :whistle:

As I have expected, they fished out 25% of what I bought. I get the 10%. I can even understand if they added 12% because "VAT". But what I don't get is the added 3% or maybe 2.something percent. Can't complain though, because it's expected. So for everyone buying from a BJD company that doesn't under declare as low as 100USD, this is just a heads up. :depressed: It was still a better scenario than I have imagined though. :yes:

Tl;dr: newest computation to give you an idea of how much tax you will be paying: USD price x 50 x .25

mitchi06

PostTue Apr 11, 2017 8:09 pm

Date: March 22, 2017
Source: Akagidoll from Jeeryama
Pick-up: CMEC
Wait time: 1 week

Contents: SD13 Head + Body Doll Set
Declared Value: 50USD
Tax: 112 Php Storage Fee
Documentation: Driver's License (Since I didn't wait for the notification card)

Notes: When I arrived at the CMEC office I approach the guy at Window 1 and showed my message that my doll was delivered already and told me to go and get a paper at the guard stationed near the entrance and he told me to that I'll be waiting a little bit since it will be released by the customs. And there I sat for almost 2 hours the most :yes: . Yes! Finally the old guy called my name and told me to wait until I got called by the Customs guys for inspection. And there I waited around 15¬20 mins before I got called again and when they opened the box, the guy was poking the arms of my doll.. <-- I hate him.. Then they told me to pay the storage fee and wholla we're free to go. I didn't bring any invoices with me and told them that the value was already there.

Lucky day! I hope to share again my experience :cry:
Previous

Return to Contests & Challenges