It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Doll Delivery Experience

Participate in dolly contests and challenges!
  • Author

Alek

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

Doll Delivery Experience

PostTue Jun 23, 2015 9:38 am

Since something almost all of us in the Hobby have to deal with is picking up our dolls up from one place or another, I thought it would be really helpful if we could have a single place we could share our experiences!

Think of this as a way to help those who will be going through what you did in the future, as well as a place you can air out your grievances or praise any good services.

Please fill out the following form with as much detail as you can!
Code: Select all
[b]Date:[/b] (Date you got your doll.)
[b]Location:[/b] (Place you had your doll delivered to.)
[b]Source:[/b] (Doll company or seller and Country of Origin.)

[b]Method:[/b] (Shipping method used. ex. EMS, Airmail, DHL, etc.)
[b]Pick-up:[/b] (Where you got your package. ex. CMEC in Pasay, Delivered, Local Post Office, etc.)
[b]Wait time:[/b] (How long after your package was shipped out did it take to get to you?)

[b]Contents:[/b] (What did you buy? ex. One SD, One Tiny and some clothes, etc.)
[b]Declared Value:[/b] (How much your package was declared worth.)
[b]Tax:[/b] (How much you were asked to pay to receive your package.)
[b]Documentation:[/b] (What documentation were you asked to provide? ex. Paypal Receipt, Only IDs, CC statement, etc.)

[b]Notes:[/b] (Anything else you'd like to say? Do you want to praise the courier or complain about their services? Was there anything of note that you want to share?)

*Just to keep this organized, please only use this thread if you've had a doll or doll part shipped to the Philippines from overseas.
Last edited by Alek on Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deviantart flickr tumblr

kimbapchan

Re: Doll Delivery Experience

PostTue Jun 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Date: June 16
Source: LUTS

Method: EMS
Pick-up: EMS Pasay
Wait time: 8 days

Declared Value: 100 USD
Tax: 4.5K Php
Documentation: Paypal, credit card statements, link to the Doll website.

Notes: Showed them the paypal at first, but they did not believe me because the item description says 'Heat resistant Fiber' perhaps it was because the wig came first with the doll. [I ordered a doll + wig + man panties] They not wanted to see creditcard statements from me, or proof of payment. I sent my uncle back to Pasay the next day and showed them The order form from luts [so they would see the item description or the doll clothes and wig] and paypal transaction details. ALL Documents matched the declared value. THe customs STILL will not believe me so they asked me to provide them the link to the website where I got the doll. That's when they found out the real price and taxed me :/ SURPRISINGLY, instead of 500 USD they told me there was a 30% off thing so they said the value of my doll will be 300USD, that's why I only had to pay 4.5k PHP. Last time I bought a doll from them [I think 3 months ago before this one] I did not underdeclare and it was also 500USD and I had to pay 7k PHP........so I am very confused with this 30% off they speak of. If anyone can shed light to this, please let me know. I honestly observed that the tax is usually 30% of the price of the package. I've bought two dolls in the past without underdeclaring them, and it's usually 30% Thankfully I paid only 4.5k instead of the 7k but I am still consfured :/ honestly.

asheathena

PostThu Jun 25, 2015 4:42 pm

Date: October 2014
Source: Mirodoll (China I think... or is it Hongkong?)

Method: DHL
Pick-up: door-to-door
Wait time: 5 days

Declared Value: $30
Tax: P1,491
Documentation: None

Notes: DHL has a nice tracking system that emails or SMS you the daily status of your order. Once my doll arrived, DHL texted me about the tax value. I called them up to confirm yes and had it delivered to my home with no delivery charge. Package arrived in great condition too.

Date: April 2015
Source: Mirodoll (China I think... or is it Hongkong?)

Method: Toll Express (they say this is Dpex or is affiliated with it)
Wait time: 5 days

Declared Value: $40
Tax: none
Documentation: None

Notes: Arrived extremely fast I am really surprised. Plus, no tax. I'm not sure how they determine which one to tax but mine didn't need any (Have a friend who ordered 15+ Cosplay Wigs but got taxed though, let's name him Aki Chan LOL) Package arrived dent/slightly flattened on one side. One corner of the box (the opening side) was open, (like the box's flap cut/removed). I actually lost a pair of eyes, not sure if it's because of that or the company really forgot to include it in. Unsure if Toll is the same as Dpex, or is just a sister company.

Date: April 2015// April 2015
Source: Latidoll// B&G

Method: MSB (air freight)// MSB (sea freight) I tried both
Wait time: 15 days// 50-ish calendar days

Declared Value: unsure// $50
Tax: None
Documentation: None//None

Notes: MSB is a US-based shipping courier that collects an annual registration fee of P1.4k-ish. Taxes are included with your shipping cost, which are by the way, cheap. Items can be shipped via sea (ETA 60 working days) or air (doubled sea freight price, ETA 14 working days). Charges by weight, or volumetric by box. All the items I had them ship (around 10 transactions) arrived in mint condition on my doorstep.

nigiyakapepper

PostFri Jun 26, 2015 12:16 am

Date: June 25, 2015
Source: Impldoll - China

Wait time: iirc ship date from China was June 9-10? arrived in Manila June 15, got the EMS Notification Card June 18

Declared Value: 10 USD
Tax: 360 Php
Documentation: NONE, only a valid ID upon presenting the Notification Card

Notes: After kimbapchan's experience and at Alek's advice, I was armed with my Paypal transaction receipt, caps of the corresponding EON receipt, and a sob story about how a Tiny could possibly cost just 10 USD.

To my great surprise (and probably an absurd amount of luck that I feel I should do good deeds to compensate for it), the Customs Officer assigned to view my box did not rifle through the package. They simply asked me what the package was, and I told them it was a doll, but it was old and was considered a giveaway--a statement I kept repeating. The officer mildly wondered if it really cost 10 USD but they saw the package label, said "Ah! Galing China..." and closed the box up. No more questions asked.

Come computation, the thing was listed down as 'Used Toy' and I stood there trying to look as plebeian as possible, smiling a lot, saying 'po' etc. etc. I've been to EMS for all but three times and a large portion of the experience seems to be luck-based--I arrived 2pm, when there was a crowd and the employees wanted to end by 5pm bc government. I was finished almost 4:30 and there were still a TON of people, I'd imagine they didn't want to be too nitty gritty about things at that time of day.

The Customs Officer who came to my box was lenient, compared to the other lady who made sure the dudes inspecting opened up and lifted everything. Even the people who did my computation were in a good enough mood to joke about and write down things before I had a chance to use my explanation.

Today was a stupidly lucky day for me. Needless to say, it's going to be a long while before I get another doll so...I won't be dealing with them for a while.

LucentSanctuary

PostSun Jul 05, 2015 11:08 pm

Date: July 3, 2015
Source: DollFactory

Pick-up: Local PO
Wait time: Was shipped last June 19, 2015

Contents: 65cm boy body/SeniorAri
Declared Value: 40USD
Tax: 1105php
Documentation: None? Im a regular at the PO since I ship out stuff at least every week. They did ask me to sign the usual books and receipts from the customs.

Notes: This is a pretty hit and miss experience, I did buy from dollfactory before and it got through the customs without having to pay a lot. Its best that you have your parcels sent on a monday so it can reach the PH by wednesday. It lessens the risk of getting your parcel stuck and "taxed" in the customs.

AlmostHuman

PostMon Jul 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Date: June 19
Source: Ramcube

Wait Time: Approx. days 4 days

Declared Value: 200 USD
Tax: 3000 PHP
Documentation: Paypal statement

Notes: That was my first time claiming a package from the infamous customs office. I was afraid getting my package because of the stories I've read online. I sought advice from one of the peeps here in the forums, kimbapchan, just to get assurance that I will be fine and I was.

I hardly got to the office in one piece and in my opinion, the facility stood in an awful location. If I wasn't adventurous enough to walk my way towards Park 'n Fly, I wouldn't have seen the building.

I was feeling nervous and coming to pick up my doll after my shift wasn't really a good idea. it was taking it's toll on my precious ugly body and I felt dizzy, tired and bored. I asked people around what the first step would be and I put the claim card in a box on window 1. The wait was awful. I arrived by 2PM and was able to witness the inspection by 4PM. There was also a freaking commotion when one lady ranted that one of the officers took their toy from their package. She just left but came back because of this and IT WAS MY FREAKING TURN! :mope:

Anyway, the lady who inspected my package couldn't believe what the doll was declared for. After 30 minutes, she called me and investigated when I saw that Ramcube didn't photoshop the invoice and just crossed out the real value with a red inked pen and you could clearly see the real price :cryyy: that's why she suspected even more. I just lied a bit and told her this is my sister's doll and was just claiming for her. After reasoning out a few more, she gave in and just had the doll declared a bit higher on what he showed he was invoiced for.

I was prepared to pay higher so I thought it was fine. Now I know that when buying a BJD, I should be prepared with the tax as well. Looking at the doll, even when he is headless, made me happy even if I was sleepless that day and had to go to work. I was happy, yet tired, but still satisfied with what Ramcube have made. :)

darknessangel-san

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostMon Jul 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Date: July 13, 2015
Source: Alice's Collections (Hong Kong or China)

Pick-up: CMEC Pasay
Wait time: I never got the notice card. According to tracking, it has been here since June 15, 2015.

Contents: One Akagidoll SD Body, some shoes, clothes, accessories and a pair of eyes
Declared Value: 30USD
Tax: 1,333PHP
Documentation: Paypal Receipt and ID

Notes: I was seriously freaking out when I got to EMS Pasay since it was my first time there and I've heard all the horror stories about that place. The place wasn't full, but the people there were pretty slow. I finally got to inspect my package two hours after I arrived with my dad. And to say the least, it went pretty well except for one embarrassing thing when they opened the package.

The lady got suspicious when she saw that the large box was only 30USD, but let it go when she realized that the package was from China and the Paypal receipt I had had 35USD written on it (I did layaway with Alice for this order and was lucky enough to have paid her an amount close to it.) I told them that it was fake and that it was on sale since they are going out and luckily enough, they believed me. So after some small talk about the doll, the guy proceeded to cut it open. There lay Akagidoll's pretty blue box although it was pretty beaten up at the sides.

I thought that was it. Nope, they proceeded to take the body out of the box and that's when I started panicking. It was fine when they looked at the clothes, but when they opened the cloth bag, there was the body, in its full naked glory. The guys in the office started laughing at his...err...private parts and I was blushing red! I begged him to close him up for fear of indecency and thankfully, after another laugh, he complied. They were still laughing when I left customs to pay for his tax. The only saving grace I had was that my dad was outside the glass window and the body was blocked from his view! My dad got angry about the tax and how ridiculous it was that I paid "almost 100% of the price". I didn't have the heart to tell him that the doll costs much more than he thinks. :cry:

Leibniz27

PostSat Jul 18, 2015 4:45 pm

Heya! I wanna post my experience too, but it's the riskier one.

Date: June 9, 2015
Source: E-bay seller/ DoA member (Finland)

Method: Priority Mail Letter. No Tracking number. No insurance (be brave enough to use this kind of shipping)

Pick up: Post office Bacoor
Wait time: Bought May 15. Shipped on May 18, the notice card says it arrived May 27 but I recieved the card around June 6. Claimed on June 9.
Contents: Luts sdf 2014 winter event head (with face up)
Declared value: I asked the seller to underdeclare to 25USD but it wasn't shown in the package.
Tax: P100 postal fee
Documentation: ID

Notes: Personally and based on experience, I won't have my future purchases be shipped without tracking again. At some point I became worried. I can't trust paypal to refund me immediately in case something went wrong. But good thing my boy's head arrived safe.

Good thing it wasn't hold in customs.
Lex | Bb Lex | Kyrie Snow | Akabane

IoS Blue | KS Amber | BF Olive | KD Adrian

saiyukiko29

PostTue Oct 13, 2015 12:12 pm

Date: mid 2014?
Source: Mirodoll

Method: DHL
Pick-up: delivered
Wait time: 2 weeks

Contents: SD Doll
Declared Value: $50
Tax: P1,500
Documentation: none

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Date: January 2015
Source: ACBJD

Method: Airmail
Pick-up: Post office pick up
Wait time: 4 months, arrival was late May

Contents: 2Heads, a bunch of accessories
Tax: P100
Documentation: ID, Tracking number

Date: January 2015
Source: Mirodoll

Contents: MSD Body
Declared Value: $50

Date: September 2015
Source: Aliexpress

Contents: 3 pairs of bjd shoes

Last edited by saiyukiko29 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alek

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostThu Oct 15, 2015 10:21 am

Date: October 2, 2015
Source: Granado (China)

Pick-up: CMEC in Pasay
Wait time: 2 Weeks (September 16 - October 1)

Contents: One SD head + One pair jointed hands
Declared Value: Declared value was RMB130, Was taxed for USD60
Tax: PHP1,300+
Documentation: ID for verifying it was my package, but nothing was asked to verify price.

Notes: I had actually asked Granado to mark the package as $35. They didn't follow this and wrote 130RMB instead. I also made the mistake of forgetting my receipt and the only receipt I had access to on my phone was something else for $60 so when they asked me how much I paid, I had a brain fart and said the $60. They did not even ask for further documentation to support this.
deviantart flickr tumblr
Next

Return to Contests & Challenges