It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Doll Delivery Experience

Participate in dolly contests and challenges!
  • Author

Momolicious

Re: Doll Delivery Experience

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 10:10 am

Date: October 20, 2015
Source: Loong soul, China

Method: DHL
Pick-up: Door-to-door so here at my house lol (Taguig city)
Wait time: 5 days

Contents: Loong soul SD body ver 2 with SP kit
Declared Value: $30
Tax: 1,532php
Documentation: They didn't ask anything further, just asked me to pay the amount on the paper

Notes: I chose DHL and paid around $90 for the shipping fee which was okay for me better than going to the customs office and be nervous and panic like crazy because of the unsure tax they'll give. I declared my package at $30 and DHL provided some computation and all documentations regarding the tax and my package. I missed the mailman on Oct 19 cuz i was out and i had to call customer service and ask them to re-deliver on october 20 before 4:30pm and they arrived at 4:00pm :D The delivery guy was above nice and friendly.

I would use DHL for everything else I order in the future :D No more thesis like defense feeling from the customs at Pasay for me lol
Cambriel - Souldoll Paolo ★ Marshall - DC Siber ★ Catherine - Little Monica Roselyn

Blanshire

PostThu Nov 26, 2015 7:42 pm

Date: November 25, 2015
Source: Ebay seller in China

Method: EMS
Pick-up: CMEC Pasay
Wait time: Arrived in our country on Nov.14, noticed card arrived on Nov.23. Took this long because of APEC.

Contents: Iplehouse SID Eric (R)
Declared Value: I told the seller to put a value of $50, but in the end he ended up putting $70 instead.
Tax: 1,599php
Documentation: My passport ID

Notes: Since I live in Marikina, my brother was afraid that will be traffic if we leave at noon to CMEC Pasay. So we decided to be on the road at 5am in the morning. :mwahaha:
Good news no traffic that morning so we arrived 6:30am at CMEC.
Since it was too early, we decided to ask around for the nearest food joint, the Security Guards are all friendly and they all seemed like they woke up at the right side of the bed. lol The janitors are the same as well, and because of that I felt good somehow. We went to eat breakfast, my brother left first so he could save us a number. My mother and I went back to CMEC at 7:30am.
CMEC opened at exactly 8am, because we are the early birds I got to be the first one to get my package. They are all nice surprisingly. Smiles on their faces, early in the morning. Now my mother and I felt a little silly for fearing the worst, she actually had 11k cash on her at that time, trying to make sure that we have "enough" to bill out my doll from their clutches. lol :sweat:
I guess it was very early that made all the people at CMEC, quite cheerful and happy?
Who knows...but it was a cool experience for me. :ok:

Stephanie

PostThu Dec 31, 2015 7:55 pm

Date: December 30, 2015
Source: Peak's Woods (Korea)

Pick-up: Local post office
Wait time: 1 month

Contents: SD doll with clothes and wig
Declared Value: $60
Tax: More or less Php 850
Documentation: None

Notes: The parcel arrived in the Philippines 3 days after it was sent out. It took a while before customs sent it out to my local P.O. I was pretty surprised that I only had to pay around Php 850 for the tax and postal fees! I was prepared to pay at least a thousand.

Chloe { Luts KDF Darae } || Anna { Luts KDF Kiwi Romance } || Violet { Peak's Woods FoC Goldie }

wonderlust rhapsody

PostSat Jan 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Date: - June 26, 2015
Source: - Shenzhen, China

Method: - EMS
Pick-up: - Post Office ^.^
Wait time: - 9 days

Contents: - 1 MSD
Declared Value: - $ 12
Tax: - Php. 110
Documentation: - A valid ID.

Notes: - I was happy that I did not get taxed :D Some members here told me that packages headed to provincial POs has a slim chance of not getting taxed. EMS' online tracking website was up to date, it was handled with care as the box has no dents etc.
Chaos l Havoc l Horus l Saint l Kamui l Senbonzakura l Izanagi l Raven

nigiyakapepper

PostMon Jan 18, 2016 9:55 pm

NOTE: This has two dates in relation to what happened with Migidoll

Date: Jan. 4, 2016 | Jan. 14, 2016
Source: Migidoll - Korea

Pick-up: EMS Pasay | home delivery
Wait time:
    First time: Nov. 26, 2015 dispatch > Dec. 7, 2015 arrival but the EMS card got to me Dec. 19
    Second time: Jan. 8, 2016 dispatch > Jan. 14, 2016 evening delivery at my home, which I honestly wasn't expecting, no EMS card sent
Contents: Ell head, five wigs, Dreaming Ell head as was the promo, but they sent me the wrong head that's why I had it replaced
Declared Value: 100 USD
Tax: 1,355 Php
Documentation: Paypal receipt, valid ID, EMS card

Notes: I went during the first workday of the year at 10am, and I was out there by 11am, which is pleasantly rare for me, and I won't count on it happening on any other day of the year. What I didn't expect was the second package Migidoll sent to be delivered straight to my home in a week. I didn't even need to go to the Makati Post Office to pick it up like other packages that don't land in EMS. I only had to pay the delivery guy 100 Php. I wouldn't count on this second incident to be SOP either...

Alek

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostWed Jan 20, 2016 11:03 am

Date: January 12, 2015
Source: Russia (2nd hand)

Pick-up: CMEC in Pasay
Wait time: 2 weeks

Contents: One doll (second hand with eyes & a wig)
Declared Value: $150
Tax: PHP1780 (I kindly asked if there was anything that could be done about the price since I only had PHP1500, and the officer who inspected it recalculated to make it PHP1100)

Documentation: ID. I was not even asked to show my receipt.

Notes: Was pleasantly surprised about how long it took to for the package to get here from Russia, but was still frustrated by how long I was in CMEC (around 2 hours). The customs officer who inspected my package was a young woman I've never seen before and she didn't even ask for my receipt but just asked me how much it was worth. I slipped up though and said USD150 instead of USD100.

Later when she gave me the bill, I literally only had PHP1500 and asked if there was any way to lessen it because I couldn't afford it and she was reluctant but didn't take much convincing to lower my tax from 1.7k to 1.1k after recomputing.

I wish I get her again in the future.
deviantart flickr tumblr

Alek

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostWed Jan 20, 2016 11:07 am

Date: January 16, 2015
Source: DRBJD, Hong Kong

Method: DPEX
Pick-up: Delivered to my address.
Wait time: 2 weeks

Contents: One SD body
Declared Value: $50
Tax: None.

Documentation: None.

Notes: I always love DPEX for it's quick delivery and lack of customs fees. If I could get everything delivered by DPEX, I would.
deviantart flickr tumblr

lilgigible

PostSat Jan 23, 2016 11:40 am

Date: December 1,2015
Source: ACBJD,China

Pick-up: Door-to-door
Wait time: 4 days

Contents: YOSD and a wig
Declared Value: 30$
Tax: Php 1,200
Documentation: None

Notes: Dhl was fast on their delivery :). they told me they were gonna arrive around the afternoon so I expecteded it to be around 2-4ish but they arrived earlier than i expected at exact 12am XD.

JustJosh

PostWed Mar 23, 2016 3:34 am

Date: March 21
Source: Dollshe

Pick-up: EMS Pasay
Wait time: 2 days, it arrived on March 4 but I did not pick it up immediately

Declared Value: 80 USD
Tax: 4.7K Php
Documentation: Dollshe Order Confirmation Page

Notes: I asked Dollshe not to include the invoice just in case they would just accept what's written on the box. The lady then proceeded to ask the man inspecting the package to look for the invoice and even opened the box when they found none, she just said that she will look it up online so I told her I have a copy on my phone and I was asked to have it printed at the EMS office on the 2nd floor. The lady literally took the inner box apart, foam and all, to look for the invoice and when she found out it was a doll she said "lalake naman to,' and manhandled my doll's private parts. It was amusing really and kind of annoying. When I got it printed I went back to the inspection table and handed it over to them. After a few minutes they handed me a piece of paper with the tax computation. The last time I was there was in 2012 and they will compute it in front of you but I kind of preferred it this way since they won't see me sweating out of nervousness. This time around, the tax computation is understandable, from what I remember it was actual price + insurance + ems shipping and then you add that with the 12% VAT plus the shipping/handling fee in Customs. It was a lot lower than I expected when I used online calculators so I went with it.

Overall the whole experience was much more organized. The customs people are kind of nice this time around. And might I suggest never ever eavesdrop on other people's conversations, I got a bunch of people sitting behind me and they keep on talking about customs horror stories, it will just add to the stress of the whole situation so I jut made myself busy by playing a game while waiting.
My name is Josh and I'm a hoarder.

Juuno

PostWed Apr 13, 2016 11:37 pm

Date: 13 April 2016
Source: Mirodoll (China)

Pick-up: Delivered to my workplace (Ayala Ave.)
Wait time: Less than a month, specifically 2 days. I ordered him on 15 March 2016, and he was shipped to me last 12 April). ♥

Contents: One SD (Rain), it also contained a freebie.
Declared Value: $20
Tax: PHP 849
Documentation: None. My co-worker actually received it for me since I was off-shift at the time. *u*

Notes: My first BJD Delivery experience was really nice, to be quite frank. I was spared from the horrors of Customs, and my order was processed really fast. Mirodoll was really accommodating as well in patiently answering my many queries, and they gave me updates once I asked them to. DHL was really nice as well, because there was a small mishap in the delivery (the recipient was under a different name, so it resulted to 'refusing the delivery'), and they quickly coordinated it with their HK counterpart. It was delivered back to my workplace two hours later on the same day. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Challenges