It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:09 pm

General Themes FAQ

Participate in dolly contests and challenges!
  • Author

Nix

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

General Themes FAQ

PostSat Apr 20, 2013 3:36 pm

Themes is ManikaManila's way of encouraging more creativity within the community. :D Every month, we'll post a new theme. Members will take this theme and apply it to a photograph. Reply to the Theme's post with the photograph, and at the end of the month we'll compile everything.

Here are some questions and answers you might find helpful.

Do I need an expensive DSLR and equipment to take nice photos?
No! You can use a point-and-shoot, a cellphone, or any camera that works. You don't need an elaborate lighting setup, but know that lighting can make or break a photo. If daylight isn't convenient for you, try this: Decent photos using built-in flash by fellow member Kass.

Can I edit my photo?
Yes you may! From simple brightness/contrast to adding a completely new background, feel free to use your imagination and edit your photos. Just make sure whatever other elements you're using are your own, or you have permission to use. :) (ex. adding a background—you also took the photo of the background yourself or you asked permission from the photographer to use their photo)

I have an idea but I'm not sure how to do it.
That's what ManikaManila is for! Share your ideas and other members can help you out. :D

Can I only submit ONE photo?
Ideally, yes. But you can also submit a photo series—a series of photos compiled in one image.

Can I submit a photo of someone else's doll?
Yes, you may! As long as you have the owner's permission.

Can I post the photo on a separate thread?
Of course! Just don't forget to comment on the respective Themes thread with a link to your photo/thread. :D

Any other questions? Feel free to ask!
Luke ★ Bonin ★ Lance ★ Ravi ★ Luna ★ Lucy ★ Mezz ★ Benkel ★ Peroth ★ V.Ryu ★ W.Rabbit ★ Dracula ★ Benjamin ★ Byurl ★ Summer '09
whitewall aesthetics (faceup commissions) ★ feedbackdollstars@Tumblrkuro-akira@LJdollstars@DA

Nix

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

Past Themes

PostSat Apr 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Luke ★ Bonin ★ Lance ★ Ravi ★ Luna ★ Lucy ★ Mezz ★ Benkel ★ Peroth ★ V.Ryu ★ W.Rabbit ★ Dracula ★ Benjamin ★ Byurl ★ Summer '09
whitewall aesthetics (faceup commissions) ★ feedbackdollstars@Tumblrkuro-akira@LJdollstars@DA

kizunashin

Re: General Themes FAQ

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 10:32 am

Kelan po nyan magkakaruon ulit ng theme?

Nix

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

PostFri Sep 05, 2014 5:03 pm

kizunashin wrote:Kelan po nyan magkakaruon ulit ng theme?

We should be resuming this month. :) Sorry, we were busy preparing for Tiangge the past months.

marietinio26

PostTue Jun 07, 2016 6:59 am

:what: are you guys still doing themes? ang tagal na since last post.

Trisha

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

PostFri Jun 17, 2016 2:52 am

marietinio26 wrote::what: are you guys still doing themes? ang tagal na since last post.

Yeah, huhuhu. Tagal na ngaaa. Dami kasing nangyayari eh, huhu. :cry: Hopefully we can revive this endeavor soon!

But in the meantime, check out the the 2016 Manika Manila Tiangge Photo Contest! Theme and mechanics have been released! Click the link for more details. :ok:
Shiori (Volks SD Sara) ☆ Shiori Small (Volks YoSD Megu) ☆ Shiori Sexy (Volks SD16 Kira) ☆ Marron (Volks MSD F-18 Coordinate Model) ☆ Miku (Volks DD Hatsune Miku) ☆ Weeb-chan (Volks MDD DDH-10) ☆ Esperanza (Iplehouse SID Isabel) ☆ Ava (Iplehouse KID Bambi) ☆ Fleur (Lati Yellow Grown Up Belle) ☆

Return to Contests & Challenges