It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:02 pm

JUNE-JULY 2013: Rain

Participate in dolly contests and challenges!
  • Author

Nix

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

JUNE-JULY 2013: Rain

PostTue Jun 18, 2013 9:05 am

It's time for the 9th Theme!

Though, have you seen last month's submissions? They're all so lovely. :'D

So sorry for the delay. (_ _) Because of that, this Theme's deadline will be in July.

And it's only right because, well...depending on what you plan to do, this one's a little tricky.

Okay now you must have a few questions. XD
Answers by our resident Doll Doctor, Ricci (BlueSand).

Is rainwater bad for my doll?
No. But it is bad if you let the STRINGS and the HOOK dry inside. RESIN is a tough plastic. It won't get easily ruined by any other chemicals aside from acetone. Like any plastic it will get damaged only if you let it under intense heat. Owners from other countries let their doll play in snow. Snow is rain drops except that it is frozen.

Can I shoot in actual rain?
If you want to shoot in actual rain... Be careful of the clothes they wear, they might stain the doll. Try not to get the face wet. There are face ups that are well sealed but there are also some that aren't. Lashes can also possibly get removed if they are wet. Gloss might also be removed. Also, be ready to disassemble your doll if the strings get wet. To lessen the chances of the strings getting wet, seal with cling wrap every part where water can seep through... very TIGHT. Do not use normal tape because it doesn't stick when it's wet. Also BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR CAMERA. If it isn't waterproof, make sure it doesn't get wet.

How do I clean my doll after exposing them to rainwater?
Check the doll if there are any debris stuck on the joints (do this first before cleaning). Rain water usually carries dust, sand, little rocks that can damage the doll, so clean off any debris first. For cleaning, if you can disassemble the doll the better. Use regular dishwashing liquid, magic eraser & warm water to clean the doll. If you can't disassemble, leave the cling wrap and clean the doll with soapy water (water with dishwashing liquid). Then, make sure everything is dry. Best to let it dry overnight before reassembling.

Basically--be careful! As much as possible, don't let the strings get wet. Once they get wet, disassemble your doll and let them dry, unless you want the insides of your doll to get dirty.

ORRRR you know, you can improvise with cleaner, safer water. XD It doesn't have to be actual rain to be a Rain shoot.

I won't be suggesting anything else for this one. Let your imagination run wild.

And make sure your dolls stay safe, okay?

You have until July 31st to submit. So make it good. ;)
Enjoy!
Luke ★ Bonin ★ Lance ★ Ravi ★ Luna ★ Lucy ★ Mezz ★ Benkel ★ Peroth ★ V.Ryu ★ W.Rabbit ★ Dracula ★ Benjamin ★ Byurl ★ Summer '09
whitewall aesthetics (faceup commissions) ★ feedbackdollstars@Tumblrkuro-akira@LJdollstars@DA

amadeobeloved

Re: JUNE-JULY 2013: Rain

PostMon Jun 24, 2013 1:36 pm

*coughs* I'll start us off then... I was actually pretty sick when I did this shoot with Caius and just decided to play with the theme. I shot this with a busted up lens so I feel like it's a bit derp XB

Edit: yes, I actually exposed Caius to actual rainwater BUT I took all the possible precautions + aftercare. :))

saiyukiko29

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 8:56 pm

sooo... ive been waiting for some rain for a few days and wen it did, bad luck strikes, my older brother borrowed our cam sooooo yeah, i have to wait for another batch of rainy days :cryyy: .....
one day luck was in my side so the moment i woke up coz i can here raindrops, i immediately put on my raincoat, secured my camera with a waterproof casing, and got my baby dressed up...

kapag umulan at wala kang dalang payong...
...sumilong ka muna.
kung wala ka naman masisilungan...
...enjoyin mo nlng ang ulan

yldenfrei

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostTue Jul 23, 2013 4:36 pm

Hindi naman required na sa ulan mismo diba? :mwahaha:

Here's my entry, surprisingly, with the very rare appearance of Madame Zia!

Nix

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

PostThu Jul 25, 2013 11:23 pm

Woot, made it!!! Thought I wouldn't be able to join this one. TToTT;

Luke ★ Bonin ★ Lance ★ Ravi ★ Luna ★ Lucy ★ Mezz ★ Benkel ★ Peroth ★ V.Ryu ★ W.Rabbit ★ Dracula ★ Benjamin ★ Byurl ★ Summer '09
whitewall aesthetics (faceup commissions) ★ feedbackdollstars@Tumblrkuro-akira@LJdollstars@DA

istriazel

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostFri Jul 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Oops, posting this really late.. Well, here's Sabine prepped for the rain! :kyaa:

See the rest here! <3
Sabine [Volks Anais II], Mathilde [Rosetta Agave], Carine [Volks Belle], Milly [Volks Mihmi]
Gav [Volks F16], Blue [Volks Saito Hajime]

Etsy Shop + Flickr + Instagram

Krishna

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

PostFri Jul 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Finally, I made it to join the themes this month! And with a new face, too. Here is Fenris' debut for MM Themes.

Ulalume Picabia . Amami Ichigo . Fenris . Amami Umeko . Argent . Imaizumi Kohaku
Volks MSD F-18 . Volks SD13 Elena . Volks SD13 Heath . Ange Ai Gaby . DDDy 05 . YoSD Rengemaru

demi

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostSun Jul 28, 2013 8:04 pm

Here's my submission for the themes~ :'D

Photostory is here: http://windrette.livejournal.com/78963.html
It was a challenge to hide her smile xD LOL

duncrownedprince

PostSun Jul 28, 2013 8:58 pm

Here's my first theme submission. \o/