It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:06 pm

SEPTEMBER 2014: Fight Procrastination

Participate in dolly contests and challenges!
  • Author

Nix

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

SEPTEMBER 2014: Fight Procrastination

PostSat Sep 06, 2014 10:57 am

Today is September 6th and it's a fitting day for Themes to return because today is Fight Procrastination Day!

Before anything though, you should check out the photos from our Theme from months ago, Partner! You may view them here. Now that you've seen last Theme's photos...

Here's our new Theme!

What?? How is that even a Theme, you ask??
Well instead of doing the usual photo with a theme (which is ultimately the point of Themes), we decided to put a little twist into this month, to start nice and fresh.

Ever thought of doing something with your doll but put it off because of whatever reason?
Now is the time to forget those reasons and just DO IT. Do something you've always wanted to do with your doll.
It could be a photoshoot you've had in mind for the longest time, an outfit you've always wanted to make, a place you've been thinking of bringing them to, maybe you've been wanting to change their faceup...the possibilities are endless, really. But basically this month is all about fighting procrastination and just going for it!

So, are you ready to Fight Procrastination?

No, don't say "later"! Fight it now!

But don't worry we'll still be giving you ample time to shoot.

We'll be accepting submissions until October 6th, 11:59PM. NO EXTENSIONS, NO EXCEPTIONS.
View the General FAQ to Themes if you have any questions!

Happy shooting! Let's fight procrastination together! :frolic:
Luke ★ Bonin ★ Lance ★ Ravi ★ Luna ★ Lucy ★ Mezz ★ Benkel ★ Peroth ★ V.Ryu ★ W.Rabbit ★ Dracula ★ Benjamin ★ Byurl ★ Summer '09
whitewall aesthetics (faceup commissions) ★ feedbackdollstars@Tumblrkuro-akira@LJdollstars@DA

kizunashin

Re: SEPTEMBER 2014: Fight Procrastination

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 8:46 am

OMG!!! I'm into this! I'm literally fighting procrastination since august

Alek

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 10:08 am

Watch as everyone submits right before the deadline. xDDD

/shot
deviantart flickr tumblr

warmsolace

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 5:40 pm

Alekibutt wrote:Watch as everyone submits right before the deadline. xDDD

/shot

/watches with you

FabuulaRasa

Tiangge Seller

Tiangge Seller

PostTue Sep 09, 2014 10:53 pm

I REALLY love this theme, Nix. Hahahaha. Good job. = )) And possibly, ironically, the most motivating for other people! You never know. <3
« Yo-SD DiceLittle | Yo-SD DokiLittle | LatiY Quacky |Migi V.Ryu Drift Somni «
POTU@flickr POTU@LiVEJOURNAL POTU@devART DoA Feedback

kizunashin

PostThu Sep 25, 2014 10:21 pm

FINALLY!!!!! :yes: So this is my first theme entry and I hope you like it.

The story behind this photo are stuff that I wanted to learn and do with Iwona since the day I got her. So these were my achievements:
I finally attended my first BJD micromeet with @ynacherwin.
Made a pink, cute and sweet outfit for Iwona.
And trying to learn now on how to use flash on photography.

These images are "RAW". The edited part was the watermark only. ENJOY!!

shinkei

PostSat Sep 27, 2014 10:48 pm

...Fighting procrastination...not really...but yeah...XD

[Manika Manila Themes] FIGHT PROCRASTINATION! by shinkei*, on Flickr

"Jan...
Get back to work.
...please."

=====

Sooo, yeah, I got a new cam right, and...

*le gasp*
:ehh:

I still haven't taken a picture of Jared!

Shame on me. And he's supposed to be "The Favorite". Good job Jan. Good job.
:mope:

And also, I have been on tumblr too much these days. I found myself stuck on the Yugioh/Atemu/Yami Yugi tag that I kinda forgot I had work to do...yeah.

*dumps more buckets of shame on self*
:sweat:

...So weird having Jared telling me to get back to work when he's also lazy bum. XD
|V| My Blog |V|
flickr | tumblr | Instagram

warmsolace

"Perfectly Fine"

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 10:35 am

I've been wanting to introduce Yuu's person-of-interest. However, I haven't gotten the chance to ask permission of said doll's owner to include him in a proper introduction. I'm not really a procrastinator so... I found a way to give a bit of a teaser but at the same time, show a more solid background of the two's (non-existent) relationship.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I loved thinking of the concept!

:ok:

[[ Image Heavy, I still don't know how to resize and hide the rest of the images. >< ]]

:yes:

I apologize for the lack of props, poses, and what not.

:gloom:

Trisha

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

PostThu Oct 02, 2014 8:00 pm

I've been wanting to join Themes for the longest time, but I keep putting it off. So, here's to fighting procrastination!

A couple of months ago, I put Fleur's wig up for sale. It was from For My Doll, I liked the color and it was pretty cute, but the hairstyle wasn't for her. It helped me realize, though, what I did want for her: a cute little boy cut wig to emphasize her chubby cheeks, with wispy bangs to show off her trademark sad eyebrows. I also wanted to tie a little bit of it up to make give her tiny fountain hair. I sold Fleur's old wig, and told myself I'd get her a new wig right after the Tiangge.

… I didn't. Fleur remained bald for a little while. Welp. =))

This theme motivated me to finally, finally, finally, stop putting off the purchase and just get Fleur a wig! Barring the Tiangge, it was my first dolly buy in ages. I didn't check anything from the usual doll wig websites, because those places need to be ordered from in groups to make the most of the shipping fee. So, I tried my luck on Etsy, and lo and behold, I found it! The perfect little wig! And with such a nice price point too. It shipped from Hong Kong via registered mail, and it took more or less two weeks to arrive. I'm glad it got here in time for this month's Theme!

It's pretty much perfect. I'm like, in love with it. I might trim a little bit off the back, but it is adorable. It is exactly what I've been looking for. Fleur is no longer bald, and this'll stay on her head for a good long time. :frolic:

And now that she has hair on her round little head again, this leads me to the other thing I've been procrastinating on!

Though Fleur is the smallest of my gaggle of girls, she, surprisingly, has the most developed voice and personality. She's a shy, scared little thing, one who looks before leaping and dislikes getting her feet wet because she dislikes wearing shoes. (And underwear, for that matter, because vive le France!)

Ever since the Dolly Roleplaying subforum opened, I've been wanting to put up a thread for her. Fleur is a hoot, and I've been wanting to do something photo-related for her for a while. :yes:

Hence, this!

Fleur now has her own thread in the Dolly Roleplaying subforum. Ask her things, and she'll show you around her little world! Click here to find out more.

Aaand, that's basically what I've been putting off. Procrastination fought! :ok:
Shiori (Volks SD Sara) ☆ Shiori Small (Volks YoSD Megu) ☆ Shiori Sexy (Volks SD16 Kira) ☆ Marron (Volks MSD F-18 Coordinate Model) ☆ Miku (Volks DD Hatsune Miku) ☆ Weeb-chan (Volks MDD DDH-10) ☆ Esperanza (Iplehouse SID Isabel) ☆ Ava (Iplehouse KID Bambi) ☆ Fleur (Lati Yellow Grown Up Belle) ☆

Kass

MM Development Authority

MM Development Authority

PostSat Oct 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Hush... The spirits, do you hear them?

I've always wanted to do a shoot that would show Blair's abilities as a spirit medium. She may be mute, but she can talk to those not of this world. ;)
Next

Return to Contests & Challenges